Saturday, June 16, 2007


A few weeks ago Iris and I finished an art project that we had started some time ago. It is a mobile! On a hike through the woods last spring we found a stick that we were going to use for our mobile. Then a week or so later Iris drew a bunch of circles on paper, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. I started cutting it out and it ended up a big blob shape. I looked at it and realized it actually looked like a mushroom cap, being that I'm a fan of the look of mushrooms, I went with it and cut the rest of her drawings in to mushroom caps. We then cut the stems out of brown paper and Iris helped me laminate them. We punched holes in them and I strung them all up and tied them to the stick and voila! A mobile! A little while after the project was finished I finally hung it up and it's right over her bed. We all really like it and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. It's hard to get a good picture of it because it's always turning, but here's the best shot:


  1. What a wonderful idea! It's so cute too!

  2. That is so cute! Wow - laminating! I am impressed. :)


Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!