I'll start with the Pro list, since it's MUCH shorter:
1. the fireworks
2. Matt gets the day off of work
Now here's the Con list:
1. paying to have the dog in overnight care so we can . . .
2. leave at 6:15 to take the bus to Fremont
3. walk from the bus stop to Gasworks park
4. Enter the battle zone of the WaMu Fourth of July festivities complete with blasting 80's pop and miles long lines for all of the vendors
5. Find a place to sit on a very steep hill
6. Plunk down at 7:30 for a 10:00 fireworks show
7. Only have semi-interesting snacks to eat since I'm terrible at packing for this stuff
8. Kill 2 1/2 hours waiting for fireworks with two children who are not amused
9. Get crowded in by like maybe 50,000 people who are also there to see the fireworks
10. Crane neck and shift body around because even though you've been there for 2 1/2 hours other people have no issue standing in front of you because they just arrived and there is no where to sit or they are just assholes and want to set their tripod up right in front of you
11. File out back to the bus stop
12. Wait roughly 50 minutes for the bus to come because traffic is so awful
13. Ride home with drunks, crazy people and small children up close to four hours past their bedtime
14. Get to bed at midnight
So I don't know. Worth it? I'm thinking no. I miss the days of my childhood when we saw the small town fireworks show at the local park. Maybe the fireworks show wasn't as spectacular, but the rest of the experience greatly overshadowed what we did yesterday.
Matt and I talked about going somewhere else for the 4th in the future. Like to his parents or to Olympia or something where there are fun festivities and a small fireworks show.